Four files are required to build any module. These files are contained in the directory
- mod_example.c - Sample module
- Makefile.exmpl - Makefile for example Dynamic Shared Object Modules (DSOs)
- Install the server.
- Copy the entire example_module directory to your build directory.
- Switch to the build directory.
- Copy your module.c file to the build directory.
- Rename Makefile.exmpl to Makefile
- Edit Makefile and make the following changes:
- Replace SRCFILE with the name of the source file, without the extension.
- Replace PATHTOEXMPL with the path to the build directory.
- Issue the make command.
- Copy the resulting .so file to /opt/IBMHTTPServer/libexec.
- Add a LoadModule directive to httpd.conf, along with any module-specific directives.
- Restart the server.
For an example, switch to /opt/IBMHTTPServer/example_module and
run the make -f Makefile.exmpl command. This command
acts on the mod_example.c sample file and results in creating
a So file for mod_example. To build your own module, use
the sample file (mod_example.c) as a template.
The compiler flags and link flags are already set in the APXS script.
apxs -o mod_example.so -c *.c
(Back to Top)